How to Stay Sun Safe This Spring Break
Protect Your Skin this Spring Break
The weather is starting to warm up so you’re probably excited to make the most of the upcoming spring break by taking a much-needed trip. In this blog, we take a look at why it’s so important to stay sun safe this spring break, and how to keep the whole family safe from sun damage even when traveling.
Your skin burns more easily after winter indoors
Although your skin can be at risk of sun damage at any time of the year, if you’ve spent much of this winter cooped up inside (like many of us), your skin might be looking a little paler than usual. After a long break from the sun, your skin can burn more easily. So, be aware that spending even a little time outdoors during the spring can leave you at risk. Be sure to keep your whole family protected from the sun when heading on vacation this spring, no matter what activities you’ve got planned.
How to apply sunscreen properly
You’d be forgiven for forgetting what it’s like to apply sunscreen after such a long winter!
With spring break quickly approaching, now’s the time to brush up on your knowledge of how to properly apply sunscreen to achieve the best sun protection:
- KINeSYS Spray Sunscreens need to be applied at least 20 minutes before heading out into the sun. (KINeSYS SPF 30 Natural Clear Zinc mineral sunscreen is effective immediately after application.)
- Choose a sweat resistant and water-resistant sunscreen, so you’re protected no matter which activity you choose.
- Cover all exposed areas, making sure not to forget the ears and nose, back of the neck, arms, legs, hands and feet.
- Rub in your sunscreen properly. KINeSYS SPF 30 Natural Clear Zinc mineral sunscreen goes on white, making it easy to see where it’s been applied, and rubs in clear, leaving no oily residue.
- Re-apply after 80 minutes if you’ve been sweating or swimming, or after 2 hours otherwise.
If you’ve been toweling off after swimming, remember: Sunscreen is your last line of defense and will wash off with water and sweat and rub off with your towel. So, even after toweling your face or body dry after just a few minutes, be sure to reapply your sunscreen.
Other ways to stay sun safe this Spring Break
Sunscreen should be used to protect any exposed areas of your skin when you’re out and about in the sun, (even on cloudy days!), but it should by no means be your only precaution against sun damage.
You should also be sure to give yourself the added protection of:
- Wearing a hat
- Taking an umbrella for the beach, playing golf, or taking a walk
- Wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Wearing a long-sleeved shirt